The Grom Prix
riders ready… 3, 2, 1, GO!
Do you think it has what it takes to throw the coolest trick with the best form? We’ve got a chance for you to strut your stuff. Join us for our first competition for groms!
Saturday October, 24th
9 & under
**Divisions must have a minimum of 8 competitors. If not, divisions will be combined.
Registration includes any gear
the rider may need.
Register online and save $5.
- Riders will compete in a heat with up to 3 other riders.
- Each rider will be given a handle with a handle skipped in between. For example, carriers 1, 3, 5, & 7 will be towing riders while 2, 4, 6, & 8 are empty.
- Once the last rider for the heat leaves the start dock, a horn will blow, indicating the beginning of 5 minutes ride time. Riders can begin to throw tricks anywhere on the cable, on features or air tricks.
- There will be several judges, each assigned a separate section of the cable to judge. Every time a rider throws a trick in their section, they will record it and score it, using the carrier number as the rider’s entry number for that heat. Judges will score based on the difficulty of the trick and how well it was executed.
- At the end of 5 minutes, another horn will sound and the heat will be over. Judges will total their scores for each rider and submit them to a master judge, who will add all the points up for each rider.
- If a rider falls, he/she may attempt to return to the start dock and launch on the same carrier that he/she was originally on.
- The top scoring riders from each heat in a division will compete again after each preliminary heat has finished.
- 10-15 minutes of warm-up laps will be included. Practice sessions are not included in the competition registration. Riders may purchase cable tickets ahead of time to practice.
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place within a division will be awarded.
- In the event of inclement weather, the competition will be rescheduled for Sunday, October 25.
- Entry to this competition is not included in monthly member fees.
- All riders must have a valid liability release waiver on file.
- All riders must wear a USCGA life vest as well as a helmet.
- Riders must follow all cable park rules.
- Any riders perceived to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied the opportunity to compete and entry fees will be forfeit.